Wednesday, January 27, 2010

BAD TASTE!

I want to give a forewarning for this post, anyone offended I'm sorry. I just post the facts as I see them.

I think I am age discriminatory, yes me!
I went to the theater this afternoon with my oldest daughter who is 39, and in a wheelchair. They had probably 40 handicapped parking spaces. We were there an hour before the show started. I could not find a handicapped place to park. So I hoofed it pushing my daughter who is no lightweight.
As we were seated I looked around the theater and to my utter dismay over 90% of the theater goers were Qtips (folk with GREY hair). Now I don't care if folk have grey hair, but over 90% in a 500 seat theater! In the daytime. Yikes I was almost scared. I felt like I was in the "day of the walking dead"! I know, I know I live in Florida!, but I never expected every senior citizen would be grey headed, tilted over, walking slow!
My adventure continues, we were in the 5th row back from the stage. A gentleman seated in the 4th row had a pair of binoculars out and using them! OMG I could almost see the blemishes on the singer.
Every member of the 5 piece band was a Qtip.
All the ushers were Qtips. Now picture this a Qtip usher helping a Qtip patron and they both had trouble walking- on flat services, never mind the stairs I won't even go there.

I really did enjoy the show I had quite a wonderful time viewing the sights. O, ya know when someone sings or the like, you see at least a few in the audience bobbing their heads or tapping their feet! Well non of this was seen by me. In fact, I seriously wondered if they had taken their last breathes! I felt sorry for the singer. She almost had to start the clapping(bad me).
Side note- it was 68 degrees when we exited the show @ 3pm- I actually saw a woman with a fur coat & hat on!

Now to almost the best part. Do you know how long it takes 500 seniors to exit a theater? Not very long. I don't know what they had to go do @ 3 pm! Go get the senior citizens discounts @ Denny's, etc., Ah maybe the depends were overflowing. I am telling Ya I think my daughter was the youngest person in the theater and me the next youngest and we were just about the last to leave. There were 2 other wheelchair patrons on the other side of us. They had to go around us to get out the theater. For what I ask! I just stood and marvelled with my daughter.
Then we are finally walking to the parking lot. A lady in front of me , with a walker, going down hill. I was really afraid I couldn't stop the wheelchair so as not to hit her!

In the car we, I am trying to back out and see all these crazy seniors speeding in the parking lot! I just sat there in bewilderment.
I know I should not be writing a blog about my peers in this way, but come on dye your hair!
I know I will have nightmares tonight of crutches, wheelchairs, canes, hearing aides, & dentures all sporting Qtips!






Just a lovely pic of Florida a couple of weeks ago when it snowed here

15 comments:

Sandee said...

I'm 58 and I can't wait. I'm pretty agile right now, but God knows what will happen in the next 10 to 15 years.

I did chuckle throughout this post as I had a visual. This kind of crowd I find at the local Safeway blocking the aisles.

I do dye my hair already.

Have a terrific day. :)

Denise said...

Quite an outing you had there. Enjoyed your post. I have sent you my address by the way. Honestly, I would have sent it sooner but I thought I already had. Well, I will be 60 this year so maybe my short-term memory is badly affected already ;)

Denise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
secret agent woman said...

Ha ha ha! But would it have made a difference if they had all been brown- or red-headed of the behavior was exactly the same?

And where is the snowflake in that photo?

Sandy said...

hahahaha, that is a funny post!

Craver Vii said...

Never say dye. ;-)

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Oh biiii I an a Q-tip! I thought I was a gangster...I belong to a gang called O.L.D. we drink metamucil instead of beer, we carry walkers and canes instead of 45 calibers, we fly grey/silver for our colors and we are grouchy as heck.

Lynn said...

That must be why all the handicapped spaces were taken. :)

Carver said...

Funny post but heck I have silver streaks in my hair and I earned every one of them. I'm 52 and started getting noticeable ones a few years ago. They are kind of like highlights at this point but I have no intention of ever dying my hair. I think it's fine for people that want to dye but I like variations in hair. Cheers, Carver

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]wetter gardasee[/b][/url]

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]wie war das wetter[b][/url]

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html]wetter wetterzentrale[/url]

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html]wetter prognose[/url]

Anonymous said...

Hey.

A banks is a financial institution that accepts deposits and channels those deposits into lending activities. Bank primarily provide financial services to customers while enriching investors. Government restrictions on financial activities by bank vary over time and location. Bank are important players in financial markets and offer services such as investment funds and loans. In some countries such as Germany, banks have historically owned major stakes in industrial corporations while in other countries such as the United States bank are prohibited from owning non-financial companies. In Japan, banks are usually the nexus of a cross-share holding entity known as the keiretsu. In France, bancassurance is prevalent, as most banks offer insurance services (and now real estate services) to their clients.

The level of government regulation of the banking industry varies widely, with countries such as Iceland, having relatively light regulation of the banking sector, and countries such as China having a wide variety of regulations but no systematic process that can be followed typical of a communist system.[url=http://projectcontrol.v3host.nl]CLICK HERE[/url]

Anonymous said...

Hey
Companies House Webcheck
Webcheck Companies House
Company House Webcheck
Companies House Webcheck Service

[url=http://perosnalbinking.v3host.be/companies-house-webcheck.html]webcheck companies house[/url]

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.facebook.com/pages/weathercom/298713874092l]www.weather.com[/url]