Sunday, November 04, 2007

Just some tidbits

A few days ago I walked along the edge of the lake and was treated to the crunch and rustle of leaves with each step I made. The acoustics of this season are different and all sounds, no matter how hushed, are as crisp as autumn air.
Eric Sloane

If winter is slumber and spring is birth, and summer is life, then autumn rounds out to be reflection. It's a time of year when the leaves are down and the harvest is in and the perennials are gone. Mother Earth just closed up the drapes on another year and it's time to reflect on what's come before.
Mitchell Burgess, Northern Exposure, Thanksgiving, 1992

I guess I will never stop being a nurse, although retired. I still care for the human spirit & being, guess I am a terminal optimist! Sometimes I miss the touch of, helping through an illness of a perfect stranger. Friends and family still ask for my input about their specific problems, sometimes I feel like I am a mother to many.
Any way, while reading this am, on the net found this about E.Coli. This is a germ which causes diarrhea & abdominal pain & cramping/bloating- not much fun if ya have it.
Two recalls in food products:
Totino's/Jeno's Pizza of General Mills products
American Chef's Angus Beef Patties in Twin Cities from Sam's Club

I often wonder: how these products go through all the processing, etc. still come out infected?
What we can do to make our world more safe?
What we can do to get the word out more quickly about such problems? (the one about the Beef Patties was initially found in the summer and we are just now hearing about it-telling folks to check their freezers)

I presume we are better off than foreign countries without the checks and balances, but!

So be careful what you buy, cook adequately, to directions on the packages, wash hands frequently with warm soapy water AND hope for the best.

No comments: