Tuesday, October 30, 2007

silence

There is no need to go to India or anywhere else to find peace. You will find that deep place of silence right in your room, your garden or even your bathtub. Helen Kuebler Ross

Humm great thought Helen, however where do we find silence? She says even in the bathtub! Silence is not something I hear too much of! However, I do find the peace she speaks of in the most unusual places.
In my car of all places-I will be driving along and all of a sudden become overcome with peace! Am I nuts or something? I look at the trees, the rivers, and just place myself on a mountaintop! I also find that peace when in bed with the big guy-just him & I lying there together. I guess he makes me feel protected or something like that.
How about when all the kiddos have finally settled for the night and a calm comes over the house.
How about when you have been away from your home for awhile(like vacation), you open the door and such peace fills ya!

2 comments:

Joe Tornatore said...

for me it's going underwater. seriously, the inertia, the deafening silence,the prevailing clear thoughts. I just wish I could look good finding peace, rather than, holding my nose like a chicken shit.

Merci said...

Peace is so rare, but so beautiful. It sneaks up on you, doesn't it?