Wednesday, January 14, 2009

silence

I have been kinda quiet since my hubby's passing. Don't really know how long this silence will be holding me, quite weird actually, especially if ya really know me! Tears have pretty much escaped me, but I find myself sooo quiet? Is it disbelief that he is actually gone? Is it me thinking what shall I do now or next? so much to do, and don't want to start any of it??

The eternal silence of these infinite spaces fills me with dread.
Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)

So quess I will have to fill the spaces with some wonderful pictures! Look at this beautiful child and the wonderment of Christmas.
kaylee 10months
She is gonna make the silence alive with misic when she plays this!

Silence is more musical than any song.
Christina Rossetti (1830 - 1894)
So Christina should I listen to the song of the silence?

Thanks everyone for the kind comments-I treasure every one!

8 comments:

Carver said...

Beautiful shot of the beautiful child. I know this is such a hard time and you are in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry..The shock and disbelief must be numbing and that is certainly understandable...You are in my thoughts...Michelle..

Patty said...

Beautiful photo of the grandbaby. As for your feeling so quiet, that's to be expected/ My Mother is just starting to snap out of, my nephew's (her Grandson's) unexpected accident/death in Oct.

You will get there, one day at a time. Hang in there, it will get easier.

Karl said...

All I can really think to say is MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU! Keep your head up and remember the good times! It might help just a little!

Anonymous said...

Shock, probably. Which is normal and expected. It's just so hard to lose soemone you love, someone you've shared most of your life with. I can only say again I'm holding you in my heart.

Virginia Gal said...

Ahh the laughter and elation of children, I think those sounds can help any sorrow.

You are in my prayers.

Merci said...

I think of you several times every day and I say a prayer each time. I know that silent place. No advice to offer, just wanted you to know that I've been there, too. I guess it just goes with deep loss.

Pax Romano said...

Lots of big hugs to Mama Jax ... one day at a time, sweetie.

Let me know when your are back in the Garden State; we'll crack open a bottle of Goldschläger and toast to the memory of James.

XOXO