Sunday, December 19, 2010

Pat Down

On the news of late we have heard so much about the 'pat downs' at the airport. In the past week #1 daughter and I flew so we had to go through security. She is in wheelchair and can't walk independently, so she has always had to be searched. I think it took less time this time as it ever has. She did not feel violated etc as you are hearing on the news. For goodness sake they are only doing their job. Do folk scream when at the doctors etc the way they have been recently. How much fondling can be done in front of all the people in the airport for goodness sake?
My motto is let them do their job and get over it. We have asked for more security at the airport so just shut up and let them do their job.
Has anyone seen the t-shirt with metal lettering of the 4th amendment on it, funny really, but that's what we have come to, cynical acts just to get on the security we have asked for!? We really cant have it both ways!

3 comments:

Sandee said...

I object to the full body scans. When you can be seen without your clothes on that's going way too far. Some of these scans have ended up in places they shouldn't have been. Just my two cents.

Have a terrific day. :)

mommanator said...

humm i didnt know they did that, you mean when they xray?/ I am now officially confused. The way they do with my dau hardly seems offensive

Craver Vii said...

I looked into this business of the full body scans, and the most embarrassing images on the internet seem to have been doctored up. I believe the real images look more like x-rays and less like n@ked people.

I tend to agree with you on this, Mommanator. There wasn't any groping or ogling when I went through the lines, and it sure beats the alternative.