Sunday, October 07, 2007

things that bump in the night

last night my daughter and I were intently watching "Law & Order Criminal Intent" and all of a sudden something went 'Bang' like a gun or something dropping etc. We looked at each other 'What in the world was that" after much trepidation we both got up and started looking.

My first instinct was the big guy fell out of bed, or the cat had knocked something over. After much inspection we went in the kitchen- there was dough on the floor. You see, an old canister of biscuits had exploded in the trash can. I had thrown out early as I thought they had expired.

Whew that was fun!

Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main sources of cruelty. To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.
Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970), Unpopular Essays (1950), "Outline of Intellectual Rubbish"

1 comment:

Molly Malone said...

that's hilarious!
maybe pillsbury is conspiring with the writers of law and order.