Tuesday, March 17, 2009

the foot Friday tidbits

Nothing is won by force. I choose to be gentle. If I raise my voice may it be only in praise. If I clench my fist, may it be only in prayer. If I make a demand, may it be only of myself.
-- Max Lucado

I have not been on the computer the past few days, just haven't been interested plus have had much to do here in MD. I will be starting back to FLORIDA next weekend sometime, still haven't finalised when as my niece may be driving down with us and has to get the time off.

My dau #2 has been recuperating nicely. She should be fit as a fiddle before too long. Ya know sometimes it is hard work taking care of the grand kiddos. I have much fun with them, but still lots to do with seven people here. Two of which are presently handicapped. Just driving the kiddos back and forth to school can fill up a day. Then there is always cooking and cleaning. Did I ever mention my daughter reminds me of her dad? She is quite the pack rat! I have been unratting her.Teehee.

Then don't even mention laundry! Does anyone know how much laundry seven people generate in a week! Yikes is all I can say on that. We are hanging them out now its a bit nicer weather. Yesterday I had just gotten two loads hung out and it started to rain! To put it mildly I wasn't exactly blessed! Today is is blustery and quite good for drying on the line. Although a bit chilly.

we are sorta doing spring cleaning, after all it is spring. I get the glorious job of separating things that are too small. Since they grow at quite a clip its a real undertaking. #1 grandson grew an inch since Christmas.We wear the same size shoe! He is about 4 inches shorter than grannyjax and he is only ten! #1 twin caught up with #2 twin in height in the same amount of time. And the little one is now up above my chest- he is now 6! He is a good foot taller than most of the kiddos in Kindergarten!

Ah spring, not warm here yet,but some of the flowers are starting despite the cold weather. Daffodils, snowdrops, and pussy willow. Want to rake leaves,but no time left in the day!@--,

4 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Glad to hear from you.

DeniseinVA said...

You've been a busy lady and what sounds like an angel to your family. Good on ya! I wish you a safe journey back down to Florida.

Patty said...

Yes, I know how much laundry 7 people in a house can generate. When all five kids lived at home, it seemed the hamper was never empty. But I was a lot younger and had a lot more energy. Take care of yourself and don't over do.

Anonymous said...

You have been really busy and I was getting tired just reading about it. Laundry is not my favorite household task...