Saturday, May 02, 2009

SATURDAY UPDATE

Sunset on Clearwater Beach- taken from car



I had some thingies removed from my skin yesterday and one is still bleeding, what a major PIA. I will call doc tomorrow if it doesn't stop. I tell everyone dau #1 came at me with an ice pick, and somehow they don't believe me!

The new puppy is doing great- she has adjusted quite well. Now if I could only get her completely toilet trained! We have had her for a whole week now! She is so darn cute. Everyone in the neighborhood wants to steal her. And most say I won't want to give her up.

I did some planting the other day- I read it was Arbor Day or something like that-Earth Day!? Did ya know Arbor day is celebrated on different days in different states? Here it's January???

AT any rate it was about 85 degrees out and I had to remove some of the sod to do it. I would have never thought the soil is so hard here. I really worked up a sweat. I planted an azalea, an Elephant ear, a pointsietta and something I can never remember the name of, with pretty fairy like blue flowers ( I will have to get back to ya later on the name). I am also fashioning a garden there with brick. Must take pic to show how much I have done. It's almost too hot to do right now, but I will get done sometime. I have nothing but time!

Spent most of the day today yard saleing again. Didn't buy much. I really go with my friend to have an outing with her. She is possessed about it. Then this eve had dinner at her home. We had crab stuffed flounder, Greek salad & cheesy baked potatoes! Yummy. After dinner we watched Slumdog Millionaire- good flick, will remember those children in the slums for quite awhile!



13 comments:

Patty said...

Sounds like you had an enjoyable day except for the thingies that were removed. Maybe you were too active and that's the reason one was still bleeding. Did any require stitches?

Pax Romano said...

Mama,

The gardening sounds great...and a poinsettia? Remember the one we tried to get to flower back in Officeland I?

Anyway, clear some room at the hacienda because if things get any worse at work, I think some of your "children" might have to come live with you!

XOXO

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the thingies! Hope you heal up quickly.

Merci said...

Heal!

I gardened a bit today, too. I'm taking a few days off later this month, and I plan to spend a nice chunk of time on landscaping issues. My yard is woeful.

Tracey said...

The yard sales and dinner sound like fun..and I cant wait to see the brick garden.
Tracey

Anonymous said...

My mother always has trouble when she has her derm work on her little pre-cancerous things..they always bleed....

DeniseinVA said...

Hope that's cleared up by now, it must be a bit of a pain. Sounds like you had a good time gardening and with your friend. I watched Slumdog Millionaire. Thought it was an excellent movie.

mommanator said...

the precancerous thingies are about healed, the one was really a pia, it nled until yesterday, but ok now

Anonymous said...

I see by reading your profile that we are the same age. ;) Love the photo. I lived in the Clearwater/Largo area for a few years in the '70s. I miss Florida sometimes. I enjoyed your post.

Carver said...

I'm sorry your thingie had to be removed and is bleeding. The gardening sounds good. Love your photograph.

Craver Vii said...

So, if you plant an elephant ear, does it grow to become a full elephant? Oh, and how will you feed it?

sandy said...

Your posts are always interesting and newsy..hope you heal up quick from the skin thing...cute doggies...

sandy said...

and when I lived in Kansas as a child, for some reason Arbor day was a big deal...I don't think I've heard of that term for years...