Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sunday Morn


I love memes like this 'cose you get to find out little things about other bloggers.This one has been around for a while now but seems to have resurfaced so when I saw it recently as a new post on a blog I thought I'd have another go - also being nosy wanted to see what others have close at hand as well. This is how it works:Pick up the nearest book to you.Turn to page 56Post the text of the 5th sentence and then pass this meme on to who ever you like.
Book title: The Shack by Wm. Paul Young
#56 line 5 & 6 That night Mack slept in fits and starts as the images continued to pound him, like relentless waves on a rocky shore. Finally, he gave up, just before the sun began issue hints of its arrival
2nd Book title: Joy for the Journey lines 5 & 6: The kind of women most of us long to be are both strong & honorable, clothed with the kind of power that comes from on high, certain of our value in God's eyes, definite in our calling , and moving forward with complete assurance. Francis De Sales said, "Nothing is so strong as gentleness, nothing so gentle as real strength."
Liz Curtis Higgs
Can you believe I actually have 2 books I am working on? Mind you it goes slow with twins around!
Have a great week! Blogging or not! just Be Blessed!

6 comments:

Patty said...

Happy Reading

sandy said...

I've read so many people talk about The Shack. I need to read that some day.

Anonymous said...

You're way ahead of me. I haven't read a book all the way through for quite some time.

Carver said...

Interesting idea for a meme.

Thanks for visiting my post and to answer your question, the NCDOT wildflower program wasn't started until 1985 and was specifically aimed at planting NC highways with wildflowers and naturalized plantings. Lady Bird started with a beautification campaign in DC (as I understand it) and then took her campaign nation wide. She helped introduce bills to try and limit billboards on highways although what got passed was watered down from what she wanted.

The highway beautification act was signed into law in 1965 and part of that was to protect natural beauty along federally aided highways. However, individual states have less or more commitment to their part of trying to add to the beauty on their highways. In NC the wildflower program is on some interstate highways but also on smaller ones.

Rambling Woods said...

I think I have done this one and it is interesting..I will have to find that post...
Michelle From Rambling Woods

mommanator said...

now the grandkids are here I am not really reading, not even skimming the pages- so much to do so little time! I definately know why God gives kiddos to younger folk. WE have been spoiling them, and they are lovin it. They are good girls though~!!!