Tuesday, August 26, 2008

noting Tuesday

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler.
Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955), (attributed)

Yes, there were tears as the littlest of the grandchildren started his first day of school. The back pack nearly looked as big as he, and he is a tall kiddo, probably tallest in his class. he did look a little fearful as he departed, but I am sure he will do well, he is also very smart.

The day is cool here. I thought they should have sweaters but was reminded they are hot kids?
Can't wait for the homework to start, it's always FUN!

Grandson #1 had his first football game- they lost by a touchdown in the final seconds of the game. OWELL more wins to come. We look at it as a game even the losses-builds character.

Yesterday, I made homemade spaghetti sauce/gravy. We still have loads of tomatoes. Dau #2 children don't like tomatoes. Of course we have so many. Other children take apples to the teacher- we send tomatoes. The twins brought a birds nest they found in the yard- they are gonna be studying science the first part of the year.

Yesterday after school we built a campfire of sorts on the driveway. Grandson #2 has been begging to build it since he put the wood in the driveway, and went to my brothers who has a fire pit. My dau kept looking at me 'letting them start the fire', but finally got into it and helped. We just didn't have any marshmallows to roast- fun was has by all. We told the little one it was the 'end of summer fire' so he wouldn't think he could build it daily! Isn't this how wonderful memories are made? What granny in her right mind helps the grandchildren build a fire in the yard? Yes this one!

Well I gotta go get more stuff packed for the trip to Florida. Does packing ever stop. me thinks no!

Oh and thinks for the support on my last post! I am sure I will cry more, but it has to be!

2 comments:

Craver Vii said...

You know what? I don't think I cried when I started school. I love ruled paper, new pencils, the smell of Crayolas and Play-doh. I can still remember the way Mrs. B's classroom smelled. It was a mix of coffee, here strong perfume, and just the right hint of cigarettes. (That's the only time I ever liked the smell of cigarettes.) Yeah, school. Crunchy leaves underfoot, brand new erasers, the girls' pretty sweaters, they boys' rugged flannel shirts... aaah, great memories!

Craver Vii said...

Oops. That should say "her strong perfume." I guess I got caught up in the moment. ;-)