Tuesday, July 01, 2008

home again??

The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes.
Harold B. Lee (1899 - 1973)



Well I am back in Maryland from Florida, not really my home, but one of them at the present time.

Tired- yes

Poorer- yes and no- money yes, but wouldn't have missed the experiences with the kiddos!

They are such cute, good kids! They can be a handful, but most of the time quite enjoyable.
Dan just loves the beach- no surprise here! we almost had to drag him off the sand every time we went. Ken has always loved the beach. One of the twins loves swimming, the other is quite satisfied kicking sand in grandma's legs , feet, face!

Before we left Fla they wanted to know just when were they coming back, so guess they had a pretty good time too. Twin # 1 said Grandma- I really love your new place here in Florida.

I am sure the neighbors will be happy we've gone= peace and quiet in the neighborhood.

Taking my dog for a walk was a real adventure! they had to argue who was gonna be the poopie scooper and who was gonna do the leash, who could be strong enough to hold the critter when he saw a rabbit! ( he's about a 5 pound tzih tsu) O and how about geckos-can anybody catch one!

The plane was a better ride than going down we all sat together, but Spiritair has spoiled me, the pilots there know how to fly a plane- the take offs and landings are smooth- Airtran on the other hand- we felt like we were gonna turn over!
I was really pleased with the kiddos in the airport- please and thank yous to everyone they met or saw. One woman even looked at them like they were from Mars, when they said excuse me I am really sorry for bumping you.
Twin #1 was just miserable on the plane I encouraged her by threatening bodily harm. however guess I should have given her some slack as she had to go to the bathroom and they wouldn't let her undo her seat belt till they were past us serving drinks, so everyone had to use the facilities!
All in all it was a good trip. Now I must get some sleep !

2 comments:

Virginia Gal said...

what adventuress you had in Florida - sounded like fun!

As for being uncomfortable on the plane, hot air around the ears helps.

Craver Vii said...

That H.B. Lee quote shows some wisdom. It's such a hard thing for dads to grasp, though. We tend to seek approval for things done outside the home.