Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Orange


While on our daily morning walk, hubby and I picked these two navel oranges from a tree. Ate the one and was it tasty.
Had to turn my air conditioning back on today. It is so muggy and hot. By the weekend it's supposed to be cool again. Dau #1 was so sick from headache & heat thought it better to just go ahead and turn it on.
My trip to Texas was cancelled at the last minute. My friend who had said dau#1 could stay with her changed her mind? Don't exactly know why, other than she said it was just too much for her to handle? I didn't really care to go to Texas with hubby, but am disappointed in my friend? I feel so ambivalent, cause I really didn't want to go, but think hubby needed a driving mate- it's pretty far from here- 25 hours by car. Sometimes when I think so long ago about wanting a child, I never envisioned having child living with me all these years. Although she is 39 yrs old, In so many ways she is childlike. Having a handicapped child is a burden sometimes that no-one other than another parent of a handicapped child can understand. This is definitely not what I thought her life or ours would be like, but we never know will happen in life do we.




You are young, my son, and, as the years go by, time will change and even reverse many of your present opinions. Refrain therefore awhile from setting yourself up as a judge of the highest matters.
Plato (427 BC - 347 BC), Dialogues, Theatetus

1 comment:

Carver said...

That is great to be able to pick an orange on a walk. I would have been disappointed with my friend too, in your place. I think the change of mind is what would bother me the most. It doesn't see right to say your daughter can stay with her and then to cancel at the last minute.