Saturday, March 10, 2007

Party!

Well yesterday we had the first of several parties at Officeland I to "honor" the folks leaving us on the first wave of moves from Officeland I. The supervisors fed us with a grand variety of pizzas and the rest of us brought in Veggie Salads, Friut salads and deserts. We had the usual speeches from the supervisors complete with crying and gnashing of teeth!
One gal said "I AM JUST GOING TO MOVE" to Officeland II. I like them at Officeland I and have established relationships and I don't want to move. Well honey that isn't how the state works- you will be leaving to Officeland II if you want to continue to work!
We also had a video of past & present residents of Officeland I- we laughed allot at that, and were surprised how different everyone looked- some smaller, some larger, some with and without hair and surprisingly some of the older folk looked better now!
All in all it was a fun time reminiscing about the "Days of Officeland I-and the passing of time- like the sand in an hourglass"!
And of course no-one wanting to help clean-up.

4 comments:

Zelda Parker said...

I am sorry to have missed the opportunity to say farewell to many of our pals. My vacation got off to a good start with my sister and her daughter. I never knew that a nine year old could be so funny. May write about it when I download the pic's. It was the best flower show in several visits.... Go if you get a chance. Peace

Pax Romano said...

Gee sorry I missed it ... but I guess I'll see this week's bonvoyage party!

Joe Tornatore said...

sorry i missed it too.

Merci said...

I have to admit that I'm not at all sorry to have missed it.