Friday, December 05, 2008

25 Things About Me- Holiday Edition

I know it isn't reindeer, but thought it goes with the blog, and I have been wanting to post!
Welcome to the Holiday edition of 25 Things About Me.

Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just copy this entire post and paste into a new post. Then change all the answers so that they apply to you.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I HATE wrapping-whatever is handy, esp if I can get someone else to do it!
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial,don't like the mess, plus the past few years we haven't been home at Christmas-ya know Grandchildren live in MD. My trees actually keep getting smaller too!
3. When do you put up the tree? Anytime after Thanksgiving, when I have time. No less than 2 weeks before Christmas
4. When do you take the tree down? When I get tired of looking at it, Usually the first week in Jan. Really depends when we are home after Christmas or if my daughter wants to take it down
5. Do you like eggnog? YES< YES< YES even without liquor!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? a chocolate pie just for me by granny!
7. Hardest person to buy for? dau#1
8. Easiest person to buy for? Hubby-he wants everything
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes several, but don't think they are all in Fla!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail-if I get to them!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? VRC cleaning tape from an exchange student
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? White Christmas, Miracle on 34th Street, or Christmas Shoes
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Whenever the mood strikes, could even be in the summer.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, I suppose so
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Fruit Cake, Chocolate pie
16. Lights on the tree? Many colors and many of them
17. Favorite Christmas Song? O Holy Night, Ave Maria, Mary Did You Know
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel most of the time now Grand kids, but would rather be home
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yea!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel
21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning But sometimes one on Christmas Eve
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? CROWDS, & Crazies on the road! O did I forget rude folk!
23. Favorite Ornament theme or color? Birds-this seems to be a family tradition. Also I get new ornament per year. Usually a Santa of some sort
24. Favorite thing for Christmas dinner? Being with family, who cares what we eat, there is always enough variety and things to eat that you can go away stuffed!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? NO MATERIAL thing- I really don't need anything. I want to be able to sit and hug my grand kids, have em sit on my lap and see their smiles and grins Christmas morn. O did I forget being with daughters & hubby too. I also would like to see others of my family; Brothers, sister & their families and to see some friends we have moved away from.

No comments: