Saturday, December 20, 2008

Saturday Musing

Well we arrived in Maryland just 2 days after we started, a little tired, but ok. I95was all I remembered it to be. I was glad the gas had come down in price! Most of the time it hovered around $1.59 per gallon. We only actually stopped for one sit down meal, neither of us wanted to. Were content to eat sandwiches. We also had a motel with a continental breakfast. Hubby was in a shopping mood so we stopped too often to shop! He's the shopper in the family, definitely not me!
We drove up here to find cold wet weather, but doesn't feel as cold as I expected it to feel! we left 80 degrees and here it is around 40!
You should have seen our van- it looked like Santa's sleigh overfilled. We even had to have stuff on the roof! Every time we stopped hubby bought more-I kept saying where are we gonna put it! He kept saying I'll get in and he did.
The fun part was unloading in the rain!
I took a wrong turn on I495, went 395 and ended up in Washington DC- O boy, hubby was asleep, but when he woke he said where in the world are we, I said, look to left, there is the Washington Monument! He ranted, how did we get there, and I said GUESS!
I have driven around DC quite a bit and wasn't upset, but he gets so flustered when not in the right place he thinks we should be. He immediately got on the phone to dau #2 to tell her what I had done. We got here safely, just a 1/2 hour later than expected!
When the kids woke in the morning they all bounded into our room! and were happy to see us. OOH, with glee you got here! I was able to go to the twins Christmas play/puppet show. One was a wise man and the other baby Jesus!

What kind of peace do we seek? ... Not the peace of the grave or the security of the slave. I am talking about genuine peace, the kind of peace that makes life on earth worth living, the kind that enables men and nations to grow and to hope and to build a better life for their children -- not merely peace for Americans but peace for all men and women, not merely peace in our time but peace for all time.

- John F. Kennedy,
American University speech, June 10, 1963.

5 comments:

Pax Romano said...

You made a wrong turn??? Isn't that one of the signs of the Apocalypse?

Anonymous said...

Gad you made it safely in spite of the mishaps.

Gill - That British Woman said...

at least you arrived safe and sound and that's the main thing. Glad you are having a good time.

Gill in Canada

Rambling Woods said...

Oh..driving anywhere in the DC area is confusing..VERY..have been lost there myself..Glad you got there safely and can enjoy the family...

Virginia Gal said...

Hey welcome back to the area - enjoy!!!